5-Ingredient White Chicken Chili Bake
Tender chicken thighs join forces with some of the best canned foods you can find to create a dinner winner that's both quick and delish.
- Minutes Prep Time
- Minutes Total
- 8 Recipe Yield
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) baking dish with cooking spray.
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook chicken with salt to taste over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Add remaining ingredients except cheese; stir to combine. Spread in baking dish. Cover baking dish with foil.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until instant-read thermometer inserted in center of casserole reads 165°F. Top with cheese, and recover with foil. Let rest at room temperature about 5 minutes or until cheese melts. If desired, serve over rice with favorite chili toppings: chopped fresh cilantro, sliced green onions, sour cream, yogurt, salsa, guacamole.
- 20 oz boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix
- 2 cans (19 oz each) Progresso™ chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 1 cup tomatillo salsa (from 16-oz jar) or salsa verde
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (8 oz)