Baked Clam Dip with Crust French Bread Dippers
Toast Pillsbury® French loaf to create the perfect partner for a winning bubbly, triple-cheese clam dip.
- Minutes Prep Time
- Minutes Total
- 30 Recipe Yield
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 1 1/2-quart shallow oven-proof serving dish or 9 1/2-inch glass deep-dish pie plate with Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray.
- Spray 2 large cookie sheets with Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray. With serrated knife, cut both loaves of dough in half lengthwise. Place 2 pieces of dough, cut sides down, on each cookie sheet; cut 4 or 5 (1/2-inch-deep) slashes diagonally on top of each loaf.
- Bake 17 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on cooling rack.
- Meanwhile, in food processor bowl, place soup. Cover; process until almost smooth. Add cream cheese; cover and process until well blended. Pour into large bowl; stir in clam sauce, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese and 1 cup of the bread crumbs until well mixed. Pour mixture into serving dish.
- In small bowl, stir 2 tablespoons of the butter, remaining 1/2 cup bread crumbs and parsley flakes until well mixed. Sprinkle crumb mixture evenly over clam soup mixture.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until bubbly and light golden brown around edges. Cool 30 minutes on cooling rack.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, stir remaining butter and garlic powder until well mixed. With serrated knife, cut each loaf into 1/4-inch slices; place on cookie sheets. Brush each slice with garlic-butter mixture (reserve remaining garlic-butter mixture).
- Bake slices 5 to 8 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven; turn slices. Brush with remaining garlic-butter mixture. Bake 5 to 8 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Cool 5 minutes. Serve bread with warm clam dip. Store any remaining clam dip in refrigerator.
- 2 cans Pillsbury™ refrigerated crusty French loaf
- 1 can (18.5 oz) Progresso™ Light New England clam chowder soup
- 1 package (8 oz) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese (Neufchâtel), softened
- 1 can (10.5 oz) Progresso™ white clam sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4 oz)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups Progresso™ panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder