Baked Scotch Eggs
Packed with protein power, this summer fair favorite is easy to make in your home kitchen. Ready to eat in under an hour, it makes a great start to the day, or a satisfying snack.
- Minutes Prep Time
- Minutes Total
- 4 Recipe Yield
- Heat oven to 400°F. In large bowl, mix pork sausage, onion and salt. Shape mixture into 4 equal patties.
- Roll each hard-cooked egg in flour to coat; place on sausage patty and shape sausage around egg. Dip each into beaten egg; coat with bread crumbs to cover completely. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 35 minutes or until sausage is thoroughly cooked and no longer pink near egg.
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, peeled
- Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Progresso™ panko crispy bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten