Bean and Barley Soup
Enjoy this barley soup made using Muir Glen® tomatoes, Green Giant® Simply Steam® beans and Progresso® beans – a tasty dinner.
- Minutes Prep Time
- Minutes Total
- 5 Recipe Yield
- In 4-quart Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Cook onions, garlic and cumin in oil about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onions are crisp-tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except cilantro. Heat to boiling; reduce heat to low. Cover; simmer about 10 minutes or until lima beans are tender. Stir in cilantro.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 small onions, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup uncooked quick-cooking barley
- 1 can (15 oz) Progresso™ garbanzo beans (chick peas), undrained
- 1 can (15 oz) Progresso™ black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (14.5 oz) Muir Glen™ organic stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 box (9 oz) Green Giant™ Simply Steam® frozen baby lima beans
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro or parsley