Biscuits and Peppered Sausage Gravy
From Betty's Soul Food Collection... What's for dinner? Tummy-warming biscuits and gravy in less than 30 minutes.
- Minutes Prep Time
- Minutes Total
- 5 Recipe Yield
- Bake biscuits as directed on can.
- Meanwhile, in 10-inch skillet, cook sausage over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Set aside.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. With wire whisk, stir in flour, garlic powder and pepper. Gradually stir in broth and half-and-half. Cook until mixture thickens, stirring constantly. Stir in cooked sausage. Split warm biscuits; place on serving plates. Serve sausage mixture over warm split biscuits.
- 1 can (10.2 oz) Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Homestyle refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (5 biscuits)
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1 3/4 cups Progresso™ reduced-sodium chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 1/4 cup half-and-half