Cajun Red Beans and Rice
Progresso® kidney beans provide a tasty addition to this wonderful dinner recipe made using rice and sausage –perfect if you love Cajun cuisine.
- Minutes Prep Time
- Minutes Total
- 4 Recipe Yield
- In 2-quart saucepan, heat rice and sauce mix, water and sausage to boiling. Reduce heat to low. Cover; cook about 25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until rice is tender.
- Stir in beans; heat 1 minute. Let stand 5 minutes. Fluff rice. Garnish with onion.
- 1 package (8 oz) dirty rice mix
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 fully cooked spicy smoked sausage links (from 1-lb package), cut diagonally into thin slices
- 1 can (15 or 19 oz) Progresso™ kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large green onion with top, sliced diagonally