Caprese Quinoa Salad
The classic summer combination of tomatoes, fresh mozzarella and basil are tossed with quinoa for an easy, but sophisticated summer salad. Cooking the quinoa in Progresso™ stock is the key to a flavorful salad.
- Minutes Prep Time
- Minutes Total
- 8 Recipe Yield
- In 2-quart saucepan, heat stock to boiling over high heat. Add quinoa and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer about 15 minutes or until all stock is absorbed. Transfer to large bowl. Refrigerate at least 1 hour until cool.
- In small bowl, beat vinegar, mustard, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and the pepper with whisk. Slowly beat in olive oil.
- Stir tomatoes, mozzarella and vinaigrette into cooled quinoa. Gently stir in 1/2 cup basil leaves.
- Transfer to serving bowl; garnish with additional basil.
- 1 carton (32 oz) Progresso™ chicken or vegetable stock or Progresso™ chicken broth
- 2 cups uncooked quinoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes (about 10.5 oz)
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup julienne fresh basil leaves, plus additional for garnish