Cheese Stuffed Meatballs and Spaghetti
A new twist on an old favorite! Mozzarella tucked inside each meatball creates a forkful of flavor. Kids of all ages will dig in!
- Minutes Prep Time
- Minutes Total
- 6 Recipe Yield
- Place cheese cubes in small resealable freezer plastic bag; seal bag and freeze at least 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 375°F. Line 15x10x1-inch pan with foil; spray foil with cooking spray. In large bowl, mix bread crumbs and 3 tablespoons of the pasta sauce. Stir in beef, onion, salt, oregano and egg. Shape mixture into 18 (2-inch) balls. Press 1 cheese cube into center of each ball, sealing it inside. Gently place in pan. Bake 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour remaining pasta sauce into 5-quart Dutch oven. Cover; heat to simmering over medium-high heat, stirring frequently. Gently stir in meatballs; reduce heat to medium-low. Cover; simmer about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until meatballs are thoroughly cooked and no longer pink in center.
- Meanwhile, cook and drain spaghetti as directed on package; keep warm.
- Serve meatballs and sauce over spaghetti. Serve with Parmesan cheese.
- 4 sticks (1 oz each) mozzarella string cheese, cut into 18 (3/4-inch) cubes
- 1/2 cup Progresso™ Italian style bread crumbs
- 1 jar (48 oz) tomato pasta sauce (any variety)
- 1 1/2 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 egg
- 12 oz uncooked spaghetti
- 2/3 cup shredded fresh Parmesan cheese