Chick Pea, Feta and Orzo Salad
Dinner ready in 15 minutes! Pasta and Progresso® chick peas come together in this meatless salad.
- Minutes Prep Time
- Minutes Total
- 4 Recipe Yield
- Cook pasta as directed on package, omitting salt and oil. Drain and rinse with cold water; drain well.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, stir lemon juice and oil with wire whisk. Stir in cucumber, onion, thyme, 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and the pepper.
- In large bowl, gently toss tomato and chick peas; stir in pasta, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and the cucumber mixture. Add cheese; toss gently.
- 1 cup uncooked orzo or rosamarina pasta (6 oz)
- 4 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped English (seedless) cucumber
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 large tomato, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 can (15 oz) Progresso™ chick peas (garbanzo beans), drained, rinsed
- 1/3 cup crumbled tomato-basil feta cheese