Chicken and Pancetta Risotto with Tallegio
Take a culinary trip to northern Italy without the plane fare! This creamy, dreamy risotto will take you there in style.
- Minutes Prep Time
- Minutes Total
- 4 Recipe Yield
- In 4-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add pancetta, and cook until crisp. Transfer to plate using slotted spoon; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in 1-quart microwavable glass measuring cup, microwave stock uncovered on High 3 to 4 minutes or until simmering.
- Cook onion in saucepan with butter 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until translucent. Stir in uncooked rice. Cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until rice smells toasted. Add wine; cook 1 to 2 minutes, stirring constantly, until almost all liquid is absorbed.
- Increase heat to medium-high; stir in hot stock, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring frequently and waiting 2 to 3 minutes between additions, until all liquid is absorbed, 18 to 24 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in arugula, chicken, cheese and lemon peel. Continue stirring until cheese melts and mixture is heated through. Divide among 4 bowls; top with reserved pancetta.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 oz diced pancetta
- 1 carton (32 oz) Progresso™ vegetable stock
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 cup uncooked Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken
- 2 1/2 oz Tallegio cheese, cubed (1/2 cup)
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel