Chili con Carne
This hearty chili has just the right level of spice. One bite and you'll see why it's Betty's Best!
- Minutes Prep Time
- Minutes Total
- 4 Recipe Yield
- In 3-quart saucepan, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium-high heat about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown; drain.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except beans. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in beans. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; simmer uncovered about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until desired thickness.
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper sauce
- 2 cups Muir Glen™ organic diced tomatoes (from 28-oz can), undrained
- 1 can (19 oz) Progresso™ red kidney beans, undrained