Coconut Curried Vegetable Soup
When it comes to meatless dishes, Indian cuisine has the right idea. Layers of flavorful vegetables, spices and broth come together to create a deliciously complex meal to please even the staunchest meat lovers.
- Minutes Prep Time
- Minutes Total
- 8 Recipe Yield
- In 5-quart Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Stir in onion and salt; cook 3 to 5 minutes or until tender and beginning to brown. Add garlic, gingerroot, jalapeño chile and curry powder. Cook and stir 30 seconds. Add broth, tomatoes, coconut milk, potatoes and cauliflower. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to slow boil and cook uncovered 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in frozen sweet peas; cook 3 minutes longer. Garnish with cilantro and cashews.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh gingerroot
- 1 jalapeño chile, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons salt-free curry powder
- 1 carton (32 oz) Progresso™ vegetable broth
- 1 can (14.5 oz) Muir Glen™ organic fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 can (14 oz) coconut milk (not cream of coconut)
- 3 cups diced peeled russet potatoes (2 medium)
- 2 cups chopped cauliflower florets
- 1 cup frozen sweet peas
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted salted cashews