Creamy Polenta with Mushrooms and Gorgonzola
This yummy Italian dish works great as a vegetarian main or topped with grilled steak, chicken or fish.
- Minutes Prep Time
- Minutes Total
- 4 Recipe Yield
- For polenta, in 4-quart saucepan, heat stock, cream and 1/2 teaspoon salt just to boiling over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium; very slowly beat in cornmeal with whisk. Continue to beat constantly 2 to 3 minutes or until mixture thickens. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook 20 minutes, stirring once after 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in 12-inch skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onions and 1/4 teaspoon salt; cook 4 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until onions brown on edges and soften. Add bell pepper; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until pepper softens and begins to brown on edges. Add mushrooms; cook and stir 4 to 5 minutes or until mushrooms release juices, juices absorb and mushrooms brown. Stir in kale; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until wilted. Add wine; stir constantly, scraping up browned bits, 1 to 2 minutes or until liquid is almost completely absorbed.
- Divide polenta among 4 plates. Top each plate with about 1 cup vegetable mixture; sprinkle with cheese.
- 1 carton (32 oz) Progresso™ vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup coarsely chopped yellow onions
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in large chunks (2 cups)
- 8 oz fresh cremini mushrooms, quartered (3 cups)
- 1 bunch lacinato kale, ribs removed, roughly chopped (6 cups)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese (2 oz)