Crispy Panfried Panko Shrimp
Crispy, crunchy shrimp are within reach – without a deep fryer – with this easy recipe.
- Minutes Prep Time
- Minutes Total
- 4 Recipe Yield
- In shallow dish, stir together flour, salt and red pepper. In another shallow dish, place eggs. In another shallow dish, place bread crumbs.
- Pat shrimp dry with paper towels. Coat shrimp with flour mixture. Dip into eggs; coat well with crumb mixture.
- In 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp in a single layer; immediately reduce heat to medium. Cook 3 to 6 minutes, turning once, until shrimp are pink and coating turns golden brown. Serve with remaining ingredients.
- For an earthier flavor, add 1 teaspoon smoked paprika to the flour mixture. Most fresh shrimp at grocery stores have been frozen and thawed already, so buying frozen shrimp is often a better choice.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup Progresso™ plain panko crispy bread crumbs
- 12 uncooked jumbo shrimp (3/4 lb), thawed if frozen, peeled (with tails left on), deveined
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lemon, halved
- Chopped fresh chives, if desired
- Tartar sauce or marinara sauce, if desired