Crunchy Cheese Oven Baked Polenta
Gorgonzola and pecorino-Romano cheeses, Italian-style panko crispy bread crumbs and whipping cream transform polenta into a cheesy and delicious vegetarian side dish or appetizer.
- Minutes Prep Time
- Minutes Total
- 7 Recipe Yield
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 17x12-inch half-sheet pan with cooking spray.
- In 1 1/2-quart saucepan, cook oil, butter and garlic over medium-high heat 2 to 3 minutes or until garlic is transparent (do not let garlic burn). Add whipping cream; heat to a slight simmer. Stir in Gorgonzola cheese until melted. Stir in pecorino-Romano cheese. Remove from heat.
- Cut polenta into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Arrange slices in pan. Ladle cheese sauce evenly over polenta; sprinkle with pepper. Sprinkle bread crumbs evenly over top.
- Bake uncovered about 15 minutes.
- Set oven control to broil. Broil 2 to 3 minutes or until top is golden brown. Garnish with basil. Serve warm.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1 cup crumbled Gorgonzola or blue cheese (4 oz)
- 1/4 cup grated pecorino-Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 1 roll (17 oz) refrigerated plain polenta
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup Progresso™ Italian style panko crispy bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil