Crunchy Panko Fish Sticks with Quick Lemon Herb Aioli
Homemade fish sticks taste delicious dipped in a Greek yogurt-based lemon-herb aioli.
- Minutes Prep Time
- Minutes Total
- 4 Recipe Yield
- In small bowl, stir together Lemon-Herb Aioli ingredients. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Gather 3 wide, shallow dishes. In first dish, stir together flour, dash salt, dash pepper and dash paprika. In second dish, beat egg, milk and hot sauce with whisk. In last dish, stir together bread crumbs, dash salt, dash pepper and dash paprika.
- Coat fish sticks with seasoned flour, dip into egg mixture to coat, and then bread crumb mixture, pressing bread crumbs into fish if needed. Place on plate; repeat with remaining fish until all are coated.
- Heat 10-inch cast-iron or nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Fill skillet with 1/4 to 1/2 inch of oil (enough to reach halfway up sides of fish pieces). Once oil is hot, fry fish sticks in batches, a few minutes on each side, until golden brown, crisp and fish feels firm. Drain on paper towel-lined plate. Repeat with remaining fish. Serve with aioli and if desired, lemon wedges.
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Yoplait® Greek 100 plain yogurt (from 2-lb container)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill weed
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- Salt and pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- Several dashes hot sauce
- 1 1/2 cups Progresso™ panko crispy bread crumbs
- 1 lb cod fillets, cut into sticks
- Canola oil for frying