Easy Chicken Noodle Soup
Craving a simmering, comforting bowl of hearty soup? Try this easy chicken noodle soup recipe that comes together in just 25 minutes. Brimming with chopped vegetables, cubed chicken, and egg noodles, and seasoned with fresh parsley, pepper, bay leaf and chopped garlic, this chicken noodle soup is comfort food made simple.
- Minutes Prep Time
- Minutes Total
- 4 Recipe Yield
- In 3-quart saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic, onions and carrots; cook 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover; simmer about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until carrots and noodles are tender. Remove bay leaf.
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 8 medium green onions, sliced (1/2 cup)
- 2 medium carrots, chopped (1 cup)
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups uncooked egg noodles (4 oz)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 5 1/4 cups Progresso™ chicken broth (from two 32-oz cartons)