Easy Chicken Pho
Warming, bright, spicy and tangy – this flavorful pho is sure to satisfy!
- Minutes Prep Time
- Minutes Total
- 4 Recipe Yield
- In large shallow microwavable bowl, microwave 2 quarts water uncovered on High 4 to 5 minutes or until boiling. Carefully add noodles to water; let soak at least 10 minutes until softened. Drain.
- In 4-quart Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat until shimmering. Pat chicken dry with paper towel. Cook chicken in oil on one side until brown, 4 to 5 minutes, then stir and cook 4 minutes longer.
- Stir in green onion whites. Cook 1 minute, then stir in soy sauce, hoisin sauce, fish sauce and Sriracha sauce until combined. Stir in broth; heat just to boiling over high heat.
- Remove from heat; stir in noodles, then stir in lime juice.
- Divide among 4 bowls; top with green onion greens, cilantro, mint and jalapeño chile slices.
- 3 1/2 oz uncooked rice stick vermicelli (from 7-oz package), broken into 6-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 20 oz boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced on the bias, whites and greens divided
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- 1 carton (32 oz) Progresso™ unsalted chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- 1 jalapeño chile, thinly sliced