Easy Ham and Bean Soup
A quick and easy soul-warming soup to cozy up with on a cold winter day.
- Minutes Prep Time
- Minutes Total
- 10 Recipe Yield
- In 5-quart Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add onions, leek, carrots, celery and garlic; cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir in chicken broth, thyme and bay leaf. Add beans and ham. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 10 to 12 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in cabbage and pepper. Continue heating 5 to 10 minutes or until cabbage is tender. Remove bay leaf.
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup thinly sliced leek
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 6 cups Progresso™ chicken broth (from two 32-oz cartons)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cans (15 oz each) Progresso™ cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 cups chopped ham
- 2 cups chopped cabbage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper