Espinoso Pollo Chili
Try an authentically Mexican chicken chili recipe from the Pillsbury Test Kitchens Chili Cook-Off.
- Minutes Prep Time
- Minutes Total
- 5 Recipe Yield
- In 3-quart saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Cook cactus, onion and garlic in oil about 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Heat to boiling; reduce heat to low. Cook uncovered 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve chili with garnishes.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cactus leaves
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 jar (16 oz) Old El Paso™ salsa verde
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (15 oz) Progresso™ cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- 3 cups Progresso™ chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 1/2 cup Mexican beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
Garnishes, if desired
- Sour cream
- Shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Sliced green onions
- Diced avocado
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Corn chips