French Dip Sandwiches
Seasoned with Italian dressing mix and cooked in a savory beef flavored broth, rump roast becomes a special sandwich filling.
- Minutes Prep Time
- Minutes Total
- 12 Recipe Yield
- Spray 3- to 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In cooker, place onion; add broth. Brush all surfaces of beef roast with vinegar. Place on onions. Sprinkle with dressing mix, salt and pepper.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove beef from cooker; place on cutting board. Cut beef across grain into thin slices. Return slices to cooker; mix well.
- Spoon beef onto bottoms halves of buns. Top each with bell pepper, cheese and top half of bun. Serve sandwiches with juices from slow cooker.
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 1 3/4 cups Progresso™ beef flavored broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 1 boneless beef rump roast (4 lb), trimmed of fat
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 package (0.7 oz) Italian dressing mix
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 12 hoagie buns, split
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 12 slices (1 oz each) provolone cheese, cut in half