Fried Chicken Sandwich with Pineapple Slaw
You'll love how these crispy oven-fried chicken sandwiches taste—and how easy they are to pack for a picnic.
- Minutes Prep Time
- Minutes Total
- 4 Recipe Yield
- Heat oven to 400°F. Place cooling rack on cookie sheet; spray rack with cooking spray.
- Lightly season chicken tenders with salt and pepper. Between pieces of plastic wrap or waxed paper, place chicken; gently pound with flat side of meat mallet or rolling pin until even thickness.
- Place eggs in shallow bowl; beat lightly. In second shallow bowl, stir together flour, 1 teaspoon salt, the garlic powder, mustard, 1 teaspoon pepper and the paprika. In third shallow bowl, stir together bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese.
- Dip each chicken tender in egg wash and coat with flour mixture; place on plate. Dip flour-coated chicken tenders again in egg wash; coat with bread crumb mixture. Arrange chicken in single layer on cooling rack. Spray chicken with cooking spray.
- Bake 10 minutes. Turn chicken; bake 10 to 15 minutes longer or until no longer pink in center.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, gently mix coleslaw mix, drained pineapple and dressing until evenly coated. Add salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Separate dough into 8 biscuits; place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake as directed on can.
- To serve, split warm biscuits. Arrange chicken on bottom halves of biscuits (you may need to cut chicken into smaller pieces to fit biscuits). Top chicken with pineapple slaw; cover with top halves of biscuits.
- 1 lb uncooked chicken breast tenders (not breaded)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 3 or 4 eggs
- 2 cups Progresso™ panko crispy bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (2 oz)
- Cooking spray
- 1 bag (16 oz) coleslaw mix or 5 cups of shredded cabbage
- 1 can (8 oz) pineapple tidbits, drained well
- 1 1/4 cups pineapple coleslaw dressing
- Salt and pepper
- 1 can (16.3 oz) Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Homestyle refrigerated golden corn biscuits