Garlic-Parmesan Mashed Potatoes
Creamy Yukon gold potatoes and rich chicken stock team up to create a luscious holiday side so yummy you’ll find yourself whipping them up on weeknights as well.
- Minutes Prep Time
- Minutes Total
- 14 Recipe Yield
- In 6-quart saucepan, place potatoes and enough water to cover. Heat to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are very tender.
- Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, heat stock, garlic, butter and salt to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-high. Boil 18 to 20 minutes, until reduced by half; remove from heat. Mash garlic in stock mixture with potato masher.
- Drain potatoes, and return to pan. Pour stock mixture over potatoes, and mash together until fluffy; stir in cheese. Top with chives.
- 5 lb Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups Progresso™ chicken stock (from 32-oz carton)
- 1 bulb garlic, cloves peeled
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (4 oz)
- Chopped fresh chives, if desired