Gluten-free Shrimp Pad Thai
Earthy noodles coated in a sweet and spicy sauce topped with crunchy peanuts and sumptuous shrimp. What could be better?
- Minutes Prep Time
- Minutes Total
- 4 Recipe Yield
- In medium bowl, mix Tamarind Sauce ingredients until well blended; set aside.
- In 5-quart saucepan, heat 4 cups water to boiling over medium-high heat. Add noodles; remove from heat. Let stand about 3 minutes or until noodles are limp but still slightly firm. Drain; rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- In 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Stir in green onion whites and garlic; cook and stir 30 seconds. Stir in shrimp; cook 1 to 2 minutes or until shrimp are bright pink.
- Add egg; quickly cook and stir egg about 30 seconds. Add noodles, bean sprouts and half of the tamarind sauce. Cook and toss 3 to 4 minutes to prevent noodles from sticking. Thoroughly cook sprouts until they are no longer crisp. Add remaining tamarind sauce; remove from heat.
- Stir in green onion tops and 1/3 cup chopped cilantro. To serve, divide mixture among 4 serving plates; top with chopped peanuts and cilantro sprigs. Serve each with a lime wedge to squeeze over top.
- 1 cup unsalted chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons tamarind paste
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- 10 oz uncooked Thai stir-fry rice noodles
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 4 green onions, sliced diagonally (separating white parts from green tops)
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 lb uncooked deveined peeled (tail shells removed) medium shrimp
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 cups fresh bean sprouts
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free roasted unsalted peanuts, chopped
- 6 sprigs fresh cilantro
- Fresh lime wedges, if desired