Grilled Chicken Breasts with Mustard-Garlic Marinade and Sauce
Chicken breasts in a Progresso™ stock-mustard-garlic marinade are grilled, then the marinade is boiled with a touch of maple syrup and more Progresso™ stock for a luscious sauce.
- Minutes Prep Time
- Minutes Total
- 4 Recipe Yield
- Place chicken breasts in resealable food-storage plastic bag.
- In medium bowl, beat 1/2 cup of the stock, the oil, 2 tablespoons of the Dijon mustard, the lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper with whisk. Pour over chicken; seal bag. Refrigerate at least 1 hour but no longer than 8 hours to marinate.
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. Remove chicken from marinade; pour marinade into 1-quart saucepan. Beat in remaining 1/2 cup stock and maple syrup with whisk. Place chicken on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 8 to 12 minutes, turning once, until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (165°F). Meanwhile, heat sauce to boiling and cook 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Sauce should be smooth and slightly syrupy. Remove from heat; stir in remaining 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard.
- Serve chicken breasts with sauce; top with parsley.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup Progresso™ chicken or vegetable stock or Progresso™ chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons real maple syrup
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish, if desired