Grilled Salmon Caesar Salad with Toasted Garlic Bread Crumbs
Garlic-infused toasted panko bread crumbs stand in for traditional croutons in this easy, but elegant main course salad for a crunch with every bite.
- Minutes Prep Time
- Minutes Total
- 4 Recipe Yield
- In 8-inch skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium heat. Add bread crumbs; stir to coat. Cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer to small bowl. Wipe out skillet with paper towel.
- In same skillet, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add garlic; cook 30 seconds to 1 minute, stirring constantly, until garlic is fragrant, but not browned. Add garlic mixture and parsley to bread crumbs; stir to combine.
- Heat gas or charcoal grill.
- Brush salmon fillets with 1/4 cup of the Caesar dressing. Place 18x12-inch piece of heavy-duty foil on grill. Place salmon, skin side down, on foil over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 10 to 12 minutes or until salmon flakes easily with fork. Remove salmon from foil with spatula, leaving skin on foil. Discard foil.
- In large bowl, toss lettuce with remaining 1/2 cup dressing to coat; divide among 4 serving plates. Sprinkle bread crumb mixture and shaved Parmesan cheese over lettuce; top each salad with salmon fillet.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup Progresso™ plain panko crispy bread crumbs
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Italian (flat-leaf) parsley, finely chopped
- 4 salmon fillets (about 1 lb)
- 3/4 cup Caesar dressing
- 1 large or 2 small heads romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces (10 cups)
- 4 oz shaved Parmesan cheese