Italian Meatballs in Tomato Sauce
Get flavorful meatballs on your table in less than an hour with this tasty classic Italian recipe.
- Minutes Prep Time
- Minutes Total
- 6 Recipe Yield
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line large rimmed baking sheet with foil; spray with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, mix beef, bread crumbs, onion, milk, salt, Worcestershire sauce, pepper and egg. Shape mixture into 12 (2-inch) meatballs. Place on baking sheet. Bake 20 to 24 minutes or until thoroughly cooked and no longer pink in center.
- In 12-inch skillet, heat pasta sauce over medium heat until hot. Add meatballs; cook 2 to 3 minutes, turning occasionally, until coated in sauce. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Use scissors to snip fresh parsley leaves right over the finished meatballs. Basic marinara sauce is fine in this recipe, but our favorite pasta sauce to use for these meatballs is tomato basil pasta sauce.
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1/2 cup Progresso™ Italian style bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 jar (24 oz) tomato pasta sauce
- Chopped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley