Italian Wedding Soup
Progresso™ chicken broth and frozen meatballs make an easy family dinner.
- Minutes Prep Time
- Minutes Total
- 4 Recipe Yield
- In 4-quart saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrot and garlic. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until onion is tender. Add broth; heat to boiling. Stir in meatballs and pasta; return to boiling.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer about 10 minutes or until pasta is almost tender.
- Add spinach; cover and cook 4 to 5 minutes or until pasta is tender. Top each serving with 1 tablespoon cheese and 1 1/2 teaspoons basil.
- The orzo in this soup will continue to absorb liquid. If you have leftovers, just add more chicken broth to your soup. Purchase shredded carrots to make this even easier.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup coarsely shredded carrot
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 carton (32 oz) Progresso™ reduced sodium chicken broth
- 16 frozen cooked beef meatballs (from 22-oz bag)
- 1/3 cup uncooked rosamarina or orzo pasta
- 2 cups lightly packed fresh baby spinach leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves