Lemon Pepper Fish Tacos
A favorite in beach towns, fish tacos make a quick and tasty meal. Psst! The secret to these crispy crunchy tacos is the lemon pepper panko bread crumbs.
- Minutes Prep Time
- Minutes Total
- 5 Recipe Yield
- In shallow dish, place flour. In another shallow dish, beat egg and water. In another shallow dish, place bread crumbs. Coat fish with flour. Dip into egg mixture; coat well with bread crumbs.
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add fish; cook 6 to 8 minutes, turning once, until fish flakes easily with fork. Cut into 30 bite-size pieces.
- Meanwhile, heat tortillas as directed on package. In medium bowl, mix avocado, tomato and lemon juice. Stir in cilantro and jalapeño chile.
- Fill tortillas with fish, avocado mixture and lettuce. Serve with lemon wedges.
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup Progresso™ lemon pepper panko crispy bread crumbs
- 1 lb white fish fillets (such as tilapia or catfish)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 10 Old El Paso™ flour tortillas for soft tacos & fajitas (6 inch; from 8.2-oz package)
- 1 medium avocado, pitted, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium tomato, seeded, diced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 small jalapeño chile, seeded, finely chopped, if desired
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 small lemon, cut into wedges