Linguine in Creamy Clam Sauce
Toss this easy creamy clam sauce with linguine for a 30-minute weeknight meal. Serve with your favorite garlic toast and Italian tossed salad.
- Minutes Prep Time
- Minutes Total
- 4 (1 3/4 cups each) Recipe Yield
- In 4-quart saucepan or Dutch oven, cook linguine as directed on package; drain.
- Meanwhile, in 8-inch skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add bread crumbs; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until browned. Remove from heat. Stir in Parmesan cheese, lemon peel and 1 tablespoon of the basil; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat until hot. Stir in garlic and onion; cook 1 to 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender. Stir in clam sauce, wine, whipping cream and pepper flakes. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally to blend flavors. Add linguine and remaining 1 tablespoon basil; toss to coat. Transfer pasta to serving platter; sprinkle with bread crumb mixture.
- 12 oz uncooked linguine (from 16-oz package)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup Progresso™ panko crispy bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15 oz) Progresso™ white clam sauce with garlic & herb
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes