Linguine in Tomato-Mushroom Clam Sauce
This classic tosses linguine, tomatoes, mushrooms and fresh basil in clam sauce for a delicious twist. If desired, sprinkle with 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese and serve with a crusty French bread.
- Minutes Prep Time
- Minutes Total
- 4 (1 3/4 cups each) Recipe Yield
- In 4-quart saucepan or Dutch oven, cook linguine as directed on package; drain.
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook pancetta over medium-high heat 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until crisp; remove with slotted spoon to plate. Set aside. Reserve drippings in skillet.
- In same skillet, cook garlic, onions, tomatoes and mushrooms in drippings over medium heat 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onions are tender. Reduce heat to medium-low. Stir in clam sauce, wine and whipping cream; simmer about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until flavors are blended. Add linguine, 1 tablespoon of the basil and the pepper; toss to coat. Transfer pasta to serving platter; sprinkle with pancetta and remaining basil.
- 12 oz linguine (from 16-oz package)
- 4 oz (about 1 cup) diced pancetta
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms (from 8-oz carton)
- 1 can (15 oz) Progresso™ white clam sauce with garlic & herb
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper