Mini Greek Burgers
Take a taste trip to the Mediterranean in 30 minutes! Mini burgers are topped with a creamy yogurt sauce, cucumber and onion.
- Minutes Prep Time
- Minutes Total
- 16 Recipe Yield
- In small bowl, mix sauce ingredients. Cover; refrigerate until ready to use.
- In large bowl, mix burger ingredients until well mixed. Shape beef mixture into 16 patties, about 1/4 inch thick.
- Place 8 patties in 12-inch nonstick skillet; cook over medium-low heat about 3 minutes. Turn patties; cook 2 to 4 minutes longer or until meat thermometer inserted in center of patties reads 160°F. Remove patties from skillet; cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining patties.
- With serrated knife, cut pita breads in half horizontally. Place patties on bottom halves of breads. Top each patty with about 2 teaspoons sauce, several slices of cucumber and strips of onion. Cover with top halves of breads. Serve immediately.
- 3/4 cup Yoplait® Fat Free plain yogurt (from 2-lb container)
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1/4 cup Progresso™ plain bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
Breads and Toppings
- 16 mini (2 1/2-inch) pita breads (from one 7-oz bag)
- 1/2 medium cucumber, cut into very thin slices
- 1/4 small red onion, cut into bite-size strips