Nacho Pot Pie
Progresso® broth and beans provide a tasty addition to this nacho pot pie – a wonderful Mexican-style dinner. No rotisserie chicken? Try using our Make-Ahead Shredded Chicken Breast. Just pull from your freezer and thaw.
- Minutes Prep Time
- Minutes Total
- 8 Recipe Yield
- Heat oven to 375°F. In 4-quart saucepan, heat broth over medium-high heat. Remove from heat; cover to keep warm.
- In Dutch oven, melt butter with 2 tablespoons of the warm broth over medium-high heat. Add carrots, shallots, garlic, taco seasoning, pepper and salt. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until carrots are tender. Gradually add flour, stirring with whisk. Cook 1 to 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in whipping cream and remaining warm broth. Heat to boiling; add chicken, beans and corn. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened.
- Spoon mixture into ungreased 11x7-inch (2-quart) baking dish. Top with crushed tortilla chips. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake uncovered 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- 3 cups Progresso™ chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 shallots, finely chopped (1/2 cup)
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix (from 1-oz package)
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 2 cups shredded deli rotisserie chicken (from 2-lb chicken)
- 2 can (15 oz) Progresso™ black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 bag (12 oz) Green Giant™ Steamers™ Niblets® frozen corn, thawed
- 4 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend (4 oz)