Northern Italian White Bean Salad
Food fact. Cannellini beans are white kidney beans that supply plenty of fiber to any cuisine they accompany.
- Minutes Prep Time
- Minutes Total
- 6 Recipe Yield
- In large glass or plastic bowl, carefully mix all ingredients except lettuce.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours to blend flavors. Just before serving, spoon onto lettuce, using slotted spoon.
- 2 cans (15 oz each) Progresso™ cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 large tomato, seeded and coarsely chopped (1 cup)
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh or 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 12 lettuce leaves