Pan-Roasted Chicken with Fresh Tomato Sauce
Get perfectly moist and crispy chicken in less than an hour with this easy, tasty recipe.
- Minutes Prep Time
- Minutes Total
- 4 Recipe Yield
- Heat oven to 350°F. In 12-inch ovenproof skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat. Cook tomatoes, shallots, salt and pepper in oil 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until shallots are tender. Stir in wine; cook 1 to 2 minutes longer or until wine is evaporated. Remove from heat; transfer to medium bowl. Wipe out skillet.
- Place flour in shallow bowl. Places eggs in another shallow bowl. Mix bread crumbs and cheese in a third shallow bowl. Coat chicken in flour, then dip into eggs, letting excess drip back into bowl. Coat chicken in bread crumb mixture, pressing to adhere.
- In same skillet, heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat until hot. Cook chicken in oil 2 to 3 minutes or until bottom is browned. Turn chicken; transfer pan to oven. Bake uncovered 15 to 20 minutes or until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (at least 165°F).
- Pour tomato mixture around chicken in pan; let stand 1 minute. Sprinkle with basil.
- You don’t need to buy a special Italian wine for this dish – almost any red wine will do, from Pinot Noir to Cabernet.
Up the flavor by trading a tablespoon of fresh oregano or marjoram for the 1/2 cup basil in this recipe.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2/3 cup Progresso™ Italian style panko crispy bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (1 1/2 lb)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves