Parmesan-White Bean Dip
Made with only a few ingredients, this dip is easy to make and perfect for any type of entertaining. Top off this creamy dip with a sprig of fresh Thyme and serve with your choice of carrots, celery sticks, pita wedges or crackers.
- Minutes Prep Time
- Minutes Total
- 28 Recipe Yield
- In heavy 2-quart saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic and thyme; cook 1 to 2 minutes, stirring constantly, until garlic is light golden. Remove from heat.
- Add beans and broth to saucepan. Partially mash beans with potato masher. Stir in parsley. Heat over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until bean mixture is thoroughly heated. Stir in cheese until melted. Serve warm with carrot sticks.
- 1 tablespoon olive or canola oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons (or 1 teaspoon dried) chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 can (19 oz) Progresso™ cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup Progresso™ chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (3 3/4 oz)
- 7 dozen carrot sticks, if desired