Ramen Soup with Mushrooms and Pork
Start with our mushroom- and pork-based ramen, then make it your own with your favorite toppings.
- Minutes Prep Time
- Minutes Total
- 8 Recipe Yield
- In 5-quart Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Crumble pork into hot oil; cook on all sides until no longer pink. Transfer with slotted spoon to paper towel-lined plate.
- Add mushrooms, green onion whites and salt to Dutch oven; cook about 8 minutes or until mushrooms release juices and turn brown. Transfer to plate; set aside.
- Add mirin, soy sauce and gingerroot to Dutch oven; stir about 2 minutes or until thickened. Add broth; heat to boiling over high heat. Stir in noodles, pork and mushrooms; return to boiling. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 3 to 4 minutes or until noodles soften.
- Divide mixture among 8 bowls. Top with green onion greens. Serve with lime wedges and Toppings.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 lb ground pork
- 1 lb sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced on the bias, white and green parts separated
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mirin or dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped gingerroot
- 2 cartons (32 oz each) Progresso™ unsalted chicken broth
- 2 packages (3 oz each) instant ramen noodle soup mix (discard seasoning packets or save for
- another use)
- 8 lime wedges