Rice and Kale Stuffed Peppers
Bloggers Adam and Joanne Gallagher from Inspired Taste stuff sweet bell peppers with rice and kale for meatless Monday.
- Minutes Prep Time
- Minutes Total
- 4 Recipe Yield
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line cookie sheet with foil or cooking parchment paper. Place bell pepper halves on cookie sheet.
- In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook onion in oil about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened. Add tofu; cook about 2 minutes or until light golden brown. Add kale and artichoke hearts; cook 1 minute longer or until kale is wilted. Stir in broth, tomato and garlic. Cook 1 to 2 minutes or until hot. Remove from heat.
- Stir in rice, yogurt and cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon mixture into pepper halves.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until peppers begin to soften.
- 2 red or yellow bell peppers, or 1 of each, cut lengthwise in half
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 6 oz firm tofu, cut into cubes
- 1 cup torn packed kale leaves
- 1/3 cup drained Progresso™ marinated artichoke hearts (from 6-oz jar), chopped
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 medium tomato, seeded, finely chopped (3/4 cup)
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1/3 cup Greek plain yogurt (from 6-oz container)
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (2 oz)
- Salt and pepper to taste