Sausage-Bacon and Cheese Breakfast Torte
This breakfast torte is a great make-ahead meal for busy mornings with guest. (or any meal, really)
- Minutes Prep Time
- Minutes Total
- 10 Recipe Yield
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 10-inch spring form pan with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, mix Bisquick mix, cornmeal and 1 cup of the Cheddar cheese. Stir in broth until blended. Using greased or buttered hands, press mixture onto bottom of pan, forming a crust. Bake 20 minutes or until crust is set and starting to brown around edges.
- Meanwhile, in 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook bacon, stirring frequently, until crisp. Remove bacon to paper towels. Discard bacon drippings. In same skillet, cook sausage over medium heat, stirring frequently, until no longer pink. Remove sausage to bowl.
- In large bowl, beat eggs, half-and-half, chives and salt with whisk or fork. In same skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add egg mixture; cook and stir until eggs are just moist (not dry). Remove from heat; stir in sausage and feta cheese. Spread mixture evenly over crust. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup Cheddar cheese and the bacon.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Run metal spatula or table knife along side of torte to loosen from pan; remove side of pan. Cut into wedges; serve immediately.
- 1 cup Original Bisquick™ mix
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 cups shredded extra sharp cheddar (8oz)
- 1/2 cup Progresso™ reduced-sodium chicken broth (from 32-oz carton) or water
- 4 slices applewood-smoked thick-sliced bacon, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 lb bulk pork sausage
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon freeze-dried chopped chives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup peppercorn feta cheese, crumbled