Seared Chicken Breasts with Herbed Shallot Sauce
Get restaurant-style seared chicken breasts using just 7 ingredients with this quick and easy recipe.
- Minutes Prep Time
- Minutes Total
- 4 Recipe Yield
- Heat oven to 400° F. Line cookie sheet with sides with foil.
- In 12-inch skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Rub seasoned salt under skin into chicken being careful not to remove skin completely. Cook in butter, skin side down, 3 to 4 minutes without moving, until chicken releases easily from pan. Turn chicken; reduce heat to medium, and cook 3 to 4 minutes longer or until chicken easily releases from pan. Turn off heat, and reserve pan with juices. Transfer chicken to cookie sheet. Bake 30 to 34 minutes or until juice of chicken is clear when thickest part is cut to the bone (at least 165° F).
- Meanwhile, about 15 minutes before chicken finishes baking, heat reserved pan with juices over medium heat; add shallots and thyme to pan, and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until shallots are translucent. Add stock to pan; increase heat to medium-high. Cook 10 to 13 minutes or until half of the stock is cooked away. Stir in parsley.
- Place a chicken breast on each of 4 plates. Divide sauce among plates.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 4 bone-in skin-on chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup diced shallots
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 cups Progresso™ chicken stock (from 32-oz carton)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley