Seared Lemon Pepper Fish
Cook thicker fish fillets perfectly by browning on the stovetop, then finishing in the oven.
- Minutes Prep Time
- Minutes Total
- 4 Recipe Yield
- Heat oven to 400°F. Mix flour and salt in shallow dish. Place eggs in another shallow dish. Place bread crumbs in third shallow dish. Dip each fillet into flour mixture, then into eggs and finally, dredge on both sides in bread crumbs, shaking off excess.
- In 12-inch ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add fillets; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until fillets release easily from pan. Turn fillets over. Place skillet in oven.
- Bake 8 to 12 minutes or until fillets flake easily with fork. Garnish with lemon wedges and parsley.
- For best results, ask your fishmonger for fillets of even thickness.
Try serving with this delicious garlic aioli. In small bowl, mix 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 1 clove finely chopped garlic and 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Progresso™ lemon pepper panko crispy bread crumbs
- 4 halibut or cod fillets (4 oz each)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 lemon, cut into 4 wedges
- Fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley, if desired