Slow-Cooker Asian Pulled Chicken Sandwiches
Hoisin sauce, Sriracha sauce and Progresso™ chicken stock gives this moist, “pass-me-the-napkins” sandwich a spicy sweetness. It’s topped with ultra-easy coleslaw for a fresh taste and addictive crunch.
- Minutes Prep Time
- Minutes Total
- 8 Recipe Yield
- Spray 4- to 5-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In slow cooker, mix stock, 1/3 cup of the hoisin sauce, the ketchup, honey, soy sauce, garlic, 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Sriracha, the gingerroot and 2 teaspoons sesame oil with whisk. Add chicken; toss to coat. Cover; cook on High heat setting 3 to 4 hours.
- During last 30 minutes of cook time, make coleslaw. In large bowl, beat rice vinegar, sugar, 2 teaspoons Sriracha and 1 teaspoon sesame oil with whisk. Add coleslaw mix; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes, tossing occasionally.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker using slotted spoon. Remove sauce to another bowl. Place chicken on cutting board. Shred chicken using 2 forks, removing any bits of fat.
- Return chicken and 1 1/2 cups of the sauce to slow cooker. Stir in remaining 2 tablespoons hoisin; decrease to Low heat setting. Cook about 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Serve on buns; top with coleslaw. Serve with remaining sauce, if desired.
- 1/2 cup Progresso™ chicken stock (from 32-oz carton)
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce or chili garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon grated peeled fresh gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 3 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 12 thighs)
Coleslaw and Buns
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 4 cups coleslaw mix (from 14-oz bag)
- 8 burger buns