Slow-Cooker Bacon Ranch Chicken Melts
For an easy, satisfying meal, this recipe for bacon-ranch seasoned chicken sandwiches is sure to please.
- Minutes Prep Time
- Minutes Total
- 8 Recipe Yield
- Spray slow cooker with cooking spray. Sprinkle chicken breasts evenly with salt and pepper. Place chicken breasts in single layer in slow cooker. In measuring cup, beat chicken broth and ranch seasoning with whisk. Pour mixture over chicken. Cover and cook on High heat setting 4 hours.
- Meanwhile, heat oven to 375º F. Place bacon on cookie sheet lined with cooking parchment paper. Bake 20 to 30 minutes or until crisp. Drain on paper towels. Cool slightly before crumbling or slicing into bits.
- When chicken is done, carefully remove to cutting board, and shred using 2 forks. Place shredded chicken back into broth in slow cooker.
- Set oven control to broil. Butter each bun half, and place on cookie sheet, butter sides up. Broil with tops 6 inches from heat for a minute or two or until golden brown. Remove from oven, leaving broiler on, and set top buns aside. Pile some of the chicken onto each bottom bun; top with cheese, green onions and/or jalapeños, and place back under broiler until cheese is melted and bubbling. Top with top buns, and serve warm.
- 4 or 5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup unsalted Progresso™ chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 2 tablespoons dry ranch dressing mix
- 5 slices bacon
- 8 burger buns
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- Thinly sliced green onions and/or pickled jalapeño slices, if desired