Slow-Cooker Chicken Taco Soup
Chicken, corn, black beans and seasonings are combined in slow cooker with Progresso™ unsalted chicken broth for an effortless but impressive meal. Baked tortilla strips offer an alternative to the traditional fried garnish.
- Minutes Prep Time
- Minutes Total
- 6 Recipe Yield
- In 5- to 6-quart slow cooker, mix corn, beans, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, green chiles and onion. Stir in broth, chicken and taco seasoning. Cover; cook on High heat setting 4 hours or Low heat setting 8 hours.
- While soup is cooking, heat oven to 425°F. Brush both sides of each tortilla with vegetable oil. Stack tortillas, and cut into 1/4-inch strips. Spread in single layer on large cookie sheet, and sprinkle with salt; bake 7 to 9 minutes or until golden brown and crisp, stirring halfway through to ensure even browning. Cool.
- When ready to serve, ladle soup into serving bowls, and garnish with tortilla strips, cheese, sour cream, cilantro and avocado, as desired.
- 2 cups frozen whole kernel sweet corn
- 1 can (15 oz) Progresso™ black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 can (14.5 oz) Muir Glen™ organic fire roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 oz) Muir Glen™ organic tomato sauce
- 2 cans (4.5 oz each) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles, undrained
- 1 medium onion, diced (1/2 cup)
- 3 cups Progresso™ unsalted chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix
- 4 corn tortillas (6 inch)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 174 teaspoon salt
- Shredded Cheddar cheese, if desired
- Sour cream, if desired
- Chopped cilantro, if desired
- Diced avocado, if desired