Slow-Cooker Creamy Chicken and Herbed Dumpling
Nothing could be more comforting than tender chicken, swimming in a creamy, thyme-scented gravy, made with Progresso™ chicken stock and topped with fluffy, herb-flecked dumplings.
- Minutes Prep Time
- Minutes Total
- 8 Recipe Yield
- Spray 5-quart oval slow cooker with cooking spray. In slow cooker, mix chicken, stock, carrots, celery, onion, thyme, salt and pepper. Cover; cook on High heat setting 3 to 4 hours or on Low heat setting 6 to 7 hours.
- Uncover; using 2 forks, shred chicken into large chunks. If using Low heat setting, increase to High. In small bowl, beat cornstarch and water with whisk until smooth. Add cornstarch mixture and cream to slow cooker; stir to combine. Cover and continue to cook on High heat setting 20 to 25 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, stir together Bisquick™ mix, milk and 2 tablespoons of the parsley until soft dough forms.
- Drop dumpling batter by heaping tablespoons onto simmering chicken mixture in slow cooker. Cover and cook 20 to 25 minutes or until knife inserted into dumplings comes out clean.
- Divide stew and dumplings into 6 serving bowls, and sprinkle with remaining parsley. Serve immediately.
- 2 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 thighs)
- 3 cups Progresso™ chicken stock (from 32-oz carton)
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and cut diagonally into 1/4-inch slices
- 3 stalks celery, cut diagonally into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium onion, diced (1/2 cup)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups Original Bisquick™ mix
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley