Slow-Cooker Sausage, Sweet Potato, and Black Bean Soup
Sweet potatoes and black beans add a southwestern flair to this bold and hearty chili.
- Minutes Prep Time
- Minutes Total
- 8 Recipe Yield
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook sausage over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sausage is thoroughly cooked; drain.
- Spray 5- to 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In slow cooker, mix sausage and remaining ingredients except cheese and rolls
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 5 to 6 hours. Meanwhile, bake crescent rolls as directed on can. Stir chili well before serving. Top each serving with cheese. Serve with rolls.
- 1 lb ground Italian pork sausage
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 cups Progresso™ beef flavored broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 1 can (28 oz) Muir Glen™ organic fire roasted crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14.5 oz) Muir Glen™ organic diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 oz) Progresso™ black beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 medium dark-orange sweet potatoes, peeled, cut into 3/4-inch cubes (about 4 cups)
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend (4 oz)
- 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent dinner rolls (8 rolls), if desired