Slow-Cooker Smoked Sausage and Bean Soup
Stock the slow cooker with this smoky sausage and bean soup, rounded out nicely with a complementary selection of veggies and herbs. It takes just 15 minutes to assemble.
- Minutes Prep Time
- HR and 45 Minutes Total
- 7 Recipe Yield
- Spray 3- to 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In cooker, mix all ingredients except sausage and parsley.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 8 to 9 hours.
- Stir in sausage and parsley. Cover; cook on Low heat setting 30 minutes longer or until sausage is hot.
- 1lb small red potatoes, each cut into 8 pieces
- 4 medium carrots sliced (2 cups)
- 1 medium stalk of celery sliced (1/2 cup)
- 2 cans (15 oz each) navy or cannellini beans
- 1 carton (32oz) Progresso™ chicken broth (4 cups)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley