Smoky Mac and Cheese
Smoked Cheddar and Muir Glen® fire roasted tomatoes are the secret ingredients that give this updated mac 'n cheese its intense flavor.
- Minutes Prep Time
- Minutes Total
- 8 Recipe Yield
- Cook and drain macaroni as directed on box. Return to saucepan; cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat oven to 375°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. In 2-quart saucepan, heat whipping cream, mustard, salt and red pepper to boiling. Reduce heat; stir in Cheddar cheese with wire whisk until smooth.
- Pour sauce over macaroni. Stir in tomatoes and onions. Pour into baking dish. In small bowl, mix Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs. Stir in oil. Sprinkle over top of macaroni mixture.
- Bake uncovered 15 to 20 minutes or until edges are bubbly and top is golden brown.
- 3 cups uncooked elbow macaroni (12 oz)
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse (kosher or sea) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 8 oz smoked Cheddar cheese, shredded (2 cups)
- 2 cans (14.5 oz each) Muir Glen™ organic fire roasted diced tomatoes, well drained
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions (4 medium)
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup Progresso™ plain bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons olive oil