This easy Italian pasta is ready in just 30 minutes for a quick weekday meal.
- Minutes Prep Time
- Minutes Total
- 6 Recipe Yield
- In 4-quart saucepan or Dutch oven, heat spaghetti and broth to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat to medium; cook 10 to 15 minutes, stirring frequently, until al dente and liquid is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, in 12-inch nonstick skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter over medium heat. Add garlic; cook 1 to 2 minutes or until tender. Add tomatoes, capers and olives. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer 4 to 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- In 8-inch nonstick skillet, melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Add bread crumbs; cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until golden brown. Remove from heat; stir in Parmesan cheese.
- Pour tomato mixture over spaghetti; toss to coat. Sprinkle with bread crumb mixture.
- If you like spicy, add 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes with the tomatoes, capers and olives.
- Serve with warm baguette slices to complete the meal.
- 1/2 lb uncooked spaghetti, broken in half
- 1 carton (32 oz) Progresso™ chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 can (28 oz) Muir Glen™ organic crushed tomatoes with basil, undrained
- 2 tablespoon capers
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives (from 3.8-oz can)
- 1/2 cup Progresso™ Italian style bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese