Spicy Sausage Meatballs with Maple Cider Glaze
Skip mixing three meats for your meatballs – use sausage instead! This sweet and spicy app takes meatballs from ordinary to extraordinary. Like it hot? Add 1/4 teaspoon more red pepper flakes to the meatballs, or add up to 2 teaspoons more Sriracha to the glaze.
- Minutes Prep Time
- Minutes Total
- 42 meatballs Recipe Yield
- Heat oven to 400°F. Spray large rimmed cookie sheet with cooking spray. In large bowl, stir Meatball ingredients until well mixed. Shape into 42 (about 1 1/2-inch) balls; place on cookie sheet. Bake 13 to 15 minutes or until meatballs are no longer pink in center (160°F).
- Meanwhile, in 12-inch skillet, stir Sauce ingredients until well blended. Heat to boiling over medium heat. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 5 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thickened and reduced by half (about 2/3 cup).
- Add meatballs to sauce; stir to coat. Cook over medium heat 3 to 4 minutes, stirring and turning meatballs occasionally, until thoroughly coated in sauce.
SPICY SAUSAGE MEATBALLS
- 1 1/2 lb mild breakfast sausage
- 1/2 cup Progresso™ plain bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallot (about 1 large)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped peeled red apple
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
Maple Cider Glaze
- 3/4 cup real maple syrup
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce (or any hot sauce)